- About Us
HLP (Huqooq Legal Practice) is a well-established law firm which operates from both Dubai and Abu Dhabi (U.A.E.) and has been founded by two well-known emirati senior lawyers, Fahmi Mukhayer and Abdulrahman Mukhayer, and an international lawyer, Badih Moukarzel (French-Lebanese National) who has been established in the UAE for more than 8 years, thus having a networking in all GCC countries, and with a strong and structured knowledge of European firms and practices. Joined by a dedicated team and experienced corporate lawyers, HLP is now covering most law sectors and topics related to the MENA region with an international expansion and envergure.
History of Establishment
Beforehand, it is important to note that Badih Moukarzel started by establishing TLL (The Levant Lawyers) in association with CMS, a Lebanese merge structure of lawyers, 3 years ago and opened offices in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi, creating a team of lawyers specialized in different sectors of expertise, and cooperated with Huqooq advocacy law firm regrouping Fahmi Mukhayer and Abdulrahman Mukhayer,especially for UAE litigation matters. Aiming at an effective regional representation and expansion, Badih Moukarzel, and members of Huqooq advocacy law firm, entered serious negotiations which ended up in creating a new, well-anchored, independent entity based also in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, which gave birth to the actual HLP. Furthermore, Fahmi Mukhayer and Abdulrahman Mukhayer the emirati lawyers have been practicing under Huqooq advocacy law firm for more than 20 years and have a broad experience in emirati law. They have been joined by Badih Moukarzel who's experience and skills have ascertain the firm's legal expertise.
HLP has contacts and alliances with European and US law firms and handles also European and US issues, especially those related to Foreign based entities and GCC tax regulations, as well as constitution of holdings and corporate structure with seemless financial models dedicated to legal integrated solutions for foreign implementation in UAE and GCC in general .
HLP advises on both regional and international transactions and has empowered and competent lawyers for litigation and corporate matters as well. It is noted for its commitment to client service and its ability to solve the most demanding legal and business challenges regional and worldwide.
Its clients portfolio is a wide range of issues, ranging from simple advice on commercial matters to complicated scenarios of M&A, Tax, Joint Ventures implementation, Partnership structures etc.
Practices and Industries (sectors of expertise)
The main practices and industries of HLP are the following:
- Banking and Finance (compromising asset finance, emerging markets, Islamic Finance in all its aspects and practices, leveraged finance, projects and real estate finance).
- Corporate and securities (business and technology sourcing, capital markets, corporate governance, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, private equity/venture capital, private investment fund, real estate capital markets and securities).
- Environmental issues.
- Employment and benefits (employee benefits, employment policies, executive compensation, pensions and litigation).
- Government/global trade (government contracts, government relations and international trade).
- Intellectual property (registration, counseling and prosecution, litigation and enforcement, and transactions).
- Litigation and dispute regulation (in the UAE and Lebanon).
- Real Estate
- Structured finance (derivative &structured products, and securitization).
- Tax (with a comparative experience between MENA region and Europe/US, tax controversy, tax transactions and consulting and transfer pricing ).
- Wealth management (trusts, estates, foundations) with an overture and facilities in various jurisdictions such as Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Panama, BVI